PROBLEM: Younger Americans are less involved in the political process than fellow citizens who are older. According to this report from the US Census Bureau: "In 2008, younger citizens (18-24) had the lowest voting rate (49 percent), while citizens who fell into older age groups (45-64 and 65-plus) had the highest voting rates (69 percent and 70 percent, respectively)."
SEARCH FOR SOLUTIONS / FRAMING ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS:
- How can students develop AUTHENTIC (real) VOICES in the political process - as we head toward elections this November?
- How can students INFLUENCE the public debate on issues they care about in MEANINGFUL WAYS??
- How can we MEASURE the IMPACT of students' political action on political leaders, on elections, on issues???
Let's work on this together: have a look at my DRAFT of the assignment:
- What are your thoughts about developing this PROJECT?
- What are your recommendations for teams working to define their projects and develop their action plans?